- About Us
- Business Support
- Business Hub
- Business Awards
Mansfield & Ashfield 2020 together we mean business
Communicating your business achievements on an application form in a clear and exciting way isn’t easy. To give your entry to the Mansfield 2020 Business Awards 2016 a boost here are our top ten tips to maximize the impact your entry will have on our judges.
1. Don’t leave it to the last minute: Putting together a good entry takes time effort, so don’t put it off. Give yourself at least a couple of weeks to gather all the data you'll need to put your application on a solid footing. Submitting early will help you to overcome any challenges (like a failed upload!) so you don’t lose out.
2. Choose your category wisely: Think about the strengths and achievements in your business. Then try to match that with the category that best celebrates your successes. If you're not sure whether you meet the category criteria, there's help available – you can read the information available with the application form, or you can ask us directly by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Cooperation makes it happen: Business is all about teamwork, so let everyone know you’re entering the awards. Get their support, and they’ll be able to give you valuable information and feedback to make your entry the best it can be.
4. Keep it simple: Focus on what the award category is actually asking for, some of your achievements might not be relevant to your category. Our judges appreciate clear, plain English, free from jargon and unexplained acronyms.
5. Make it flow: Tell a compelling story throughout the application and cross-reference between questions so you don’t have to repeat yourself.
6. Prove it!: Try to find as much evidence as you can (facts, statistics and testimonials) of your achievements. Things that can show your growth or impact like before and after data is great (it shows how far you’ve come) and quotes from third parties, especially customers.
7. Picture this: Images will bring your entry to life and, where complex information is concerned, a table or diagram is definitely worth a thousand words. Remember to resize any large images so your document doesn’t exceed the maximum size.
8. Get a fresh look: Get a critical friend from outside your business to proof-read your entry (maybe tempt them with cake!). They’ll be able to let you know if anything that’s hard to understand has crept in, and they could point out something amazing you’ve missed.
9. Follow the rules: The award rules apply to everyone, so keep to the word count, answer every question and make sure you submit your entry online before the deadline. Once the clock ticks past midnight on Tuesday 23rd February 2016, that's it - time's up!
10. If at first you don’t succeed...: If you’ve entered the 2020 Business Awards before and not succeeded use your previous experience of entering to make your submission this year even more outstanding. You'll have that all-important competitive advantage!
To download the form and enter click here. Good Luck!
Mansfield is now officially on the map
Mansfield is now officially on the map with the news that the town will host...
JRB Accountancy Hosting a Seminar explaining R&D Tax Credit & How Companies can apply
JRB Accountancy and Abbeytax will be holding a seminar on Tues 16th May 8am-1...
Job Opportunity: Accountant and Bookkeeper for Stopford Associates
Established in 1994, Stopford Associates is an experienced and trusted firm o...
Winners announced for Ashfield’s Shop Window Competitions
The Easter Shop Window competitions being hosted in Kirkby, Sutton and Huckna...
FSB 2017 Meeting Dates
Details of events in 2017 for Mansfield and Ashfield FSB.
Jerry Green Dog Rescue Fun dog show at Newstead Abbey on the 30th April and 1st May
Jerry Green Dog Rescue will be hosting a two day event at Newstead Abbey wit...
Just days until the the 2020 Business Awards 2017
The countdown is on for the 2020 business awards 2017 that celebrate the bes...
2020 Members Collaborating for you to have Feet and Ankle Care at Home
We put our feet through so much everyday, yet we rarely take any time to car...
Record number of Snorers in Mansfield
Almost 140 people braved the cold and slept out in handmade shelters at West...
Mansfield and Ashfield 2020 April Networking Meeting!
Join like-minded local business leaders at the April 2020 networking breakfa...