- About Us
- Career Champions
- News & Events
- Business Awards
Mansfield & Ashfield 2020 together we mean business
Communicating your business achievements on an application form in a clear and exciting way isn’t easy. To give your entry to the Mansfield 2020 Business Awards 2016 a boost here are our top ten tips to maximize the impact your entry will have on our judges.
1. Don’t leave it to the last minute: Putting together a good entry takes time effort, so don’t put it off. Give yourself at least a couple of weeks to gather all the data you'll need to put your application on a solid footing. Submitting early will help you to overcome any challenges (like a failed upload!) so you don’t lose out.
2. Choose your category wisely: Think about the strengths and achievements in your business. Then try to match that with the category that best celebrates your successes. If you're not sure whether you meet the category criteria, there's help available – you can read the information available with the application form, or you can ask us directly by e-mailing email@example.com.
3. Cooperation makes it happen: Business is all about teamwork, so let everyone know you’re entering the awards. Get their support, and they’ll be able to give you valuable information and feedback to make your entry the best it can be.
4. Keep it simple: Focus on what the award category is actually asking for, some of your achievements might not be relevant to your category. Our judges appreciate clear, plain English, free from jargon and unexplained acronyms.
5. Make it flow: Tell a compelling story throughout the application and cross-reference between questions so you don’t have to repeat yourself.
6. Prove it!: Try to find as much evidence as you can (facts, statistics and testimonials) of your achievements. Things that can show your growth or impact like before and after data is great (it shows how far you’ve come) and quotes from third parties, especially customers.
7. Picture this: Images will bring your entry to life and, where complex information is concerned, a table or diagram is definitely worth a thousand words. Remember to resize any large images so your document doesn’t exceed the maximum size.
8. Get a fresh look: Get a critical friend from outside your business to proof-read your entry (maybe tempt them with cake!). They’ll be able to let you know if anything that’s hard to understand has crept in, and they could point out something amazing you’ve missed.
9. Follow the rules: The award rules apply to everyone, so keep to the word count, answer every question and make sure you submit your entry online before the deadline. Once the clock ticks past midnight on Tuesday 23rd February 2016, that's it - time's up!
10. If at first you don’t succeed...: If you’ve entered the 2020 Business Awards before and not succeeded use your previous experience of entering to make your submission this year even more outstanding. You'll have that all-important competitive advantage!
To download the form and enter click here. Good Luck!
Member to Member Benefits: 10% Discount on all Fees from Personnel Solutions Midlands Ltd!
Apprenticeship reform under the spotlight
Apprenticeship reform under the spotlight Employers hold the key to tackling...
Learning how to win public sector contracts
Dozens of smaller firms were given hints on how to win public sector contract...
Business Growth Creating Jobs In Mansfield!
Mansfield based and award winning social media management business continues...
Christmas Catering offer for fellow 2020 Members from Jasper Catering!
2020 Members Jasper's Catering are offering 10% on all Christmas menus for o...
"Unsung hero” given chance to shine at prestigious national awards
A ‘hidden gem’ who has been instrumental in helping more than 400 small b...
WANTED – NEW GOVERNORS- THE BEECH ACADEMY Want to help make a differ...
Social Support Systems CIC shortlisted in 2017 ‘Excellence in Fire and Emergency’ Awards
We’re proud to announce that Social Support Systems CIC has been shortlist...
Untapped Resource - Aviva Comunity Funding Competition - Please Vote
Can you help Untapped Resource CIC to support those with Dyslexia and other...
Try something new this Christmas.... Jump and Dine!
Mansfield's only trampoline park is offering the business community the follo...